Server/op Commands Minecraft
These commands are usable by ops both from the server console as well as through the chat window when prefixed by the command character (forward slash, i.e., "/help" instead of "help"). Optional arguments appear in [square brackets].
Note that players do not normally see op commands being entered, but they are broadcast to the other ops on the server at the time.
- help - Shows a list of available server commands.
- ? - An alias for the help command.
- list - Shows the names of all currently-connected players
- give playername data-value : Hex [number] - Spawns number (defaults to 1) of the item defined with [damage value] by data-value at playername 's location.
- tp playername targetplayer - Teleports player playername to targetplayer 's location
- say freetext - Broadcasts freetext to all players on the server (in bright pink letters!)
- time set|add number - Set or increment (add to) the world time. number is an integer between 0 and 24000, inclusive, where 0 is dawn, 6000 midday, 12000 dusk and 18000 midnight (i.e. the clock is bisected; left side is night, right side is day). Note: You can also subtract from the current time by using the 'add X' modifier, by using a negative value (i.e. 'time add -6000' would change midnight to dusk)
- gamemode playername 0|1 - Changes the game mode for playername to Survival (0) mode or Creative (1) mode. Remember, this will only affect playername and no one else--it may confuse others.
- op playername - Grants playername operator status on the server.
- deop playername - Removes operator status from playername.
- kick playername - Forcibly disconnects playername from the server.
- ban playername - Blacklists the name playername from the server so that they cannot return. Note: Bans supersede any whitelisting in place.
- ban-ip ip-address - Blacklists an IP address so that all subsequent connections from it are rejected.
- pardon playername - Removes playername from the blacklist.
- pardon-ip ip-address - Removes ip-address from the IP blacklist, allowing players from that IP address to connect to the server.
- whitelist on|off - Enables/disables the server's use of a whitelist. Note: Server ops will always be able to connect when the whitelist is active, even if their names do not appear in the whitelist.
- whitelist add|remove playername - Adds or removes playername from the whitelist.
- whitelist list - Displays the complete list of players who are in the whitelist.
- whitelist reload - Reloads the list of playernames in white-list.txt from disk.
- save-on - Enables the server writing to the world files. This is the default behaviour.
- save-off - Disables the server writing to the world files. All changes will temporarily be queued.
- save-all - Forces the server to write all pending changes to the world to disk.
- stop - Gracefully shuts down the server.
- toggledownfall -Toggles rain and snow
- xp playername <amount of xp> -Gives xp to a player